BuiltWorlds launched an online international design competition for the future Obama Presidential Center on Chicago’s South Side — in partnership with Arcbazar, Archeworks, CannonDesign, AIA Chicago, Dwell on Design, GreenApple Campus, Autodesk, and Forum8. The unique, non-binding contest parallels the official Obama Foundation competition.
More than 280 entrants from around the globe made submissions. A digital panel of 28 juror academics have narrowed the field, and an in-person panel of 6 international juror practitioners will decide the winning design at the Obama Presidential Center Competition and Awards Ceremony at BuiltWorlds’ headquarters on June 16.
• Andrew Balster, Executive Director, Archeworks
• Kees Kaan, Founding Principal, KAAN Architecten
• Francisco Gonzalez-Pulido, FAIA, Codesign Lead, JAHN Architects
• Juan Moreno, JGMA Founding President
• Dawn Schuette, FAIA, AIA Chicago Board President
• Tim Swanson, CannonDesign, Office Practice Leader
• Dana Teague, VP Design Group, Dwell On Design